Monday, September 3, 2007

2005 montoya cabernet sauvignon




no web site as far as I can find. I couldn't even find a cabernet label image!

the bottom line - i picked this up because it was advertised as the #1 selling wine at total wine in norfolk, va. It is a nice medium bodied cabernet. a nice flavor profile if oak is your thing.

alcohol - 14.2 %
residual sugar - n/a
total acid - n/a
final pH - n/a
blend - n/a
production - n/a


aroma - cherry, cinnamon, pepper, oak, green
flavor -sweet. cherry, vanilla, slightly bitter on the mid pallet with a chocolate cherry vanilla oak finish. medium body, nice acid structure, a bit too much oak.
price - $12.99
verdict - 86

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I picked two bottles in California for $9.99 each to bring to Florida, I loved it. I give it a 92, great value